It has certainly been a while since I last blogged. Unfortunately ‘i give 2 hoots’ has taken a back seat as I have been super busy setting up my sustainable sleepwear label Fickle Sense, working my normal day job as well as assisting in the running of my husbands photography gallery. So you would be right to think that at times I feel a little overwhelmed (much like in the photo below, how am I to choose from all of these wonderful Edinburgh tartans….. quite an overwhelming experience really).
It has become increasingly evident that I can no longer sustain the blog single handily, so I am hoping to recruit some support! With your help we can continue to spread the sustainable fashion love. There are 3 major components to the blog. These include:
- Posting articles regularly about sustainable fashion related issues / narratives
- Listing inspirational individuals who identify as Creators, Enthusiasts, Nostalgics or Minimalists (see the image at the bottom of this article for further clarification of these categories)
- Creating a sustainable fashion brand database, to enable the public to easily access sustainable brands
If you would like to contribute (yay!) please read below to better understand what would be required.
WHAT WOULD I NEED TO DO IF I WANT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR?
(there are 3 options….. though writing articles is the priority)
- Sustainable fashion articles
Posts could be written around the following topics…….. plus what ever ideas you have.
- e.g. Workers rights, textile production, ecological fabrics, choose a label to feature, approach organisations that advocate for sustainable fashion practices, create a sustainable fashion tour for your city, environmental implications of the textile industry, peoples perception of sustainable fashion, buying practices of people, Fashion week review, sustainable fashion magazine review, new sustainable research, upcycling, a sewing movement happening in your town, vintage stores to look out for, designers who have ethical campaigns ……… anything sustainable and fashion relevant reallyFinding and listing inspirational Creators, Enthusiasts, Nostalgics & Minimalists
- Search for and list people who are inspiration within these categories
- Assisting with the development of the Sustainable Brand database
- Find and list sustainable Brands who fit the ‘i give 2 hoots’ vision
HOW FREQUENTLY WOULD I NEED TO CONTRIBUTE?
Up to you! If you would like to be a regular contributor, then perhaps once a month would suffice.Or you could also be a guest contributor. Contribute an interesting article that you have thought of. Or if you have conducted some research, you could also promote that through ‘i give 2 hoots’.
WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE?
It would be great if sustainable fashion lovers could contribute from all over the world. Sustainable fashion is obviously a global topic so it would be great to get a vast array of contributors.
WILL ALL SUBMISSIONS BE PUBLISHED?
Please note that not all submissions can be published. I do have a vision in terms of where the blog is headed, and if articles deviate from this, then I will not be able to include them on the blog.
Photography is also important (not just because we own a photography gallery). If you are not confident with photography, of course my husband and I can contribute with images.
I am also curating a list of sustainable brands on the site, so that people can easily navigate through the world of sustainable fashion. I am aware that sustainable fashion can often be perceived as daggy (daggy is an Australian word for not stylish). I want to change this perception and therefore I am carefully selecting brands that challenge this stereotype. Any input for this database is welcome:)
LIVE IN BERLIN?
I do currently reside in Berlin, so if you are in Berlin. I would love to start a meetup where we can discuss and share our ideas and thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing from other sustainable fashion lovers! Share the sustainable fashion passion:)
WRITE TO ME AT : firstname.lastname@example.org